The ‘One Voice Singers – Kildare Town’ is a new community singing group, forming with support from One Town One Voice and Kildare County Council.
We are secular, informal, and focused on fun and community integration. Our goal is to bring people (18+) together from all nationalities and backgrounds in the town, to sing, laugh, and socialise together — building a closer community in Kildare Town.
The group is different from many traditional choirs — our focus is not about perfect harmonies or competitive singing. We simply believe group singing is a wonderful activity for people to work together, relax together, have fun, feel connected and make friends with people you may otherwise never meet.
We are seeking a Song Leader/Director for the group: to select and teach songs, and lead the group in weekly rehearsals and occasional (informal) performances.
- Ideal opportunity for teachers, musicians, choral singers/directors, music students/recent graduates (or anyone who can carry a tune and is enthusiastic to give it a go!)
- Previous experience leading choirs or singing groups is helpful, but not essential. The One Town One Voice team can provide musical advice, guidance and resources.
- Volunteer or Paid position (Some compensation available)
- Individual or pairs welcome!
- An interest in community, connection, and welcoming ideas/songs from group members is most important!
The group could function similarly to a community choir, or more as a weekly sing-song/session, depending on the Song Leaders’ skill set. So long as each session is beginner-friendly, participative, and welcoming of each person who walks through the door! One Town One Voice will provide guidance around song selection and teaching approaches, to make the singing fun and accessible for a diverse group.
If interested, please contact us as soon as possible!
Contact: Carmel Cashin, firstname.lastname@example.org / Ph. 087 721 2966